Committees of Commissioners
Commissioner Registration will open in 2024.
- $525 – Teaching Elders
- $300 – Ruling Elders
- $300 – Elders from churches with less than $150,000 in annual income (per their 2021 statistics)
- $150 – Honorably Retired Teaching Elders
- $150 – Ruling Elder Emeritus
Scholarships are available.
- Once your registration is processed you will receive a confirmation email.
- If you did not receive a confirmation email or you need to make changes to your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Information will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
- General Assembly Information Book – Will be mailed out after your registration.
- Commissioner Handbook – Login information will be emailed to registered commissioners a month prior to GA.
Early registrations are vital for financing the upcoming General Assembly (and we are exceedingly grateful for those who so register every year). Registering now also ensures immediate access to the Commissioner Handbook when it is complete, as well as all related Assembly communications. If you register now and find you are unable to attend the General Assembly, then please follow the instructions below:
Please send your refund request in writing to email@example.com.
- Before May 9, 2024 – receive a full refund
- May 10 – 20, 2024 – receive half of a refund
- After May 21, 2024 – except for extraordinary circumstances, no refund will be considered.
The Commissioner Handbook will be available online one month before General Assembly. Login information will be sent to registered commissioners at that time. The Supplement to the Commissioner Handbook will be available online a week before GA.
Make the most of your opportunity to serve as a new commissioner to the PCA General Assembly!
- Attend the First Time Commissioner Dinner held on Tuesday night at GA. Sign-up coming soon!
- Plan to attend the GA for Rookies seminar!
- Register to attend a meal or event.
- Bring your family! Be sure to check out the Women and Family Events. If the activities are not sold out, onsite registration may be available.
- Consider serving on a Committee of Commissioners. Notify your Presbytery Stated Clerk that you are registered as a commissioner and would be willing to serve.
- Consider volunteering as a Floor Clerk or Seminar Room Host. This is a great way to meet other elders and learn more about the business of General Assembly.
- Read A Basic Guide to the PCA General Assembly, a booklet by Dr. Stephen Estock.
- Download the ShareFile and General Assembly apps:
- ShareFile – access the Commissioner Handbook and see General Assembly documents, including onsite reports.
- General Assembly app – provides information on schedules, food events, seminars and exhibitors, and opportunities to interact with other attendees.
- Read the Commissioner Handbook: Available for download a month prior to GA.
Committees of Commissioners
Serving on a Committee of Commissioners (CoC) is one of the best ways to be involved at General Assembly. It is a great opportunity to learn and influence the work of the PCA.
What is the purpose of Committees of Commissioners?
Committees of Commissioners are designed as part of the checks and balances for the PCA. The CoCs review each ministry’s accomplishments and plans for the year, along with their reports and recommendations (included in the Commissioner Handbook). The CoCs, one for each PCA Committee and Agency, are made up of commissioners chosen by their presbyteries according to a formula in the Rules of Assembly Operations (RAO). Every presbytery may have a representative on each CoC.
How do I serve on a Committee of Commissioners?
Notify your Presbytery Stated Clerk that you are registered as a commissioner and are willing to serve.
For the presbytery clerks contact list, click here.
How long do I serve?
The CoCs only meet onsite during the week of General Assembly. The CoCs meet on Monday and Tuesday and then as needed during the remainder of the Assembly.
Interested in presenting a seminar?
Are you interested in volunteering to share your experiences and expertise? Seminars provide high quality information, training, and resources to the General Assembly attendees. Each seminar is featured on our podcast, Gifts and Graces, regularly getting hundreds of listens per episode! Presenters must not use the time to promote their organization or its services, but rather share information and takeaways.
Seminars must be:
To submit a seminar proposal for 2024 click HERE.
Interested in sponsoring a seminar?
Sponsorship and promotional options have expanded! There are many opportunities at different price points, allowing your organization to select the choices that are best for you.
- Internet sponsorship
- Assembly wide seminar sponsorship
- Seminar sponsorship
- Tote bag inserts
- Large screen ads
- Flexible Sponsorship Packages
- Exclusive Limited Availability Options
- Brand Recognition Tools
To learn how to be a sponsor, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also check out our podcast – Gifts and Graces! Click here to listen.