The Administrative Committee is committed to the goal of making it possible for more small churches to send commissioners to General Assembly. Through generous donations, we are excited to make these Commissioner Registration Scholarships available.
The intent of this scholarship program is to assist as many churches as possible to be represented at the General Assembly. The scholarship is also designed to encourage Ruling Elder participation. These scholarships partially defray the cost of registration for small churches that would not otherwise be able to send a Ruling Elder or Teaching Elder. Churches with an annual income less than $100,000 will be given priority in the selection.
Each congregation of the PCA is encouraged to include the resources needed to fund sending Ruling and Teaching Elders to the General Assembly each year. Likewise, ministries supporting PCA Teaching Elders are also encouraged to make regular General Assembly attendance part of their annual budgets. This particular Commissioner Registration Scholarship aims to specifically close the gap for Ruling and Teaching Elders coming from churches with smaller budgets.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Teaching or Ruling Elder from a PCA church with a smaller budget.
- Previous year’s church statistics must be submitted.
- Use low cost housing options such as Host Housing or sharing a hotel guest room with another commissioner.
- Volunteer to help with the work of the Office of the Stated Clerk while at General Assembly. Some examples of volunteering needs include serving as a floor clerk and helping to unpack and pack the General Assembly truck.
- Seek cost effective modes of transportation to General Assembly, such as sharing rides.
To apply for a scholarship, download the application here.
If you have questions regarding eligibility or completing the scholarship application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships are need-based and available on a limited basis dependent on contributions made for this purpose. We do hope you will come, so please consider the following guidelines and apply as appropriate.
The deadline to submit a scholarship application is May 6, 2022.