Day 13 – Provider, Abundant in Goodness
Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love,
for his wondrous works to the children of man!
Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
May our granaries be full,
providing all kinds of produce;
may our sheep bring forth thousands
and ten thousands in our fields;
1 Timothy 6:17
As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.
- Lord, thank You for Your abundant provision. It is so easy to see what we don’t have and not to see Your many blessings. Forgive us.
- As we look at the world economy, we have so many questions. How will we ever recover? Forgive us for looking to money for our security and not to You, our Provider.
- Help us trust in You. Please comfort those directly hurt by the quarantine.
- Complete industries that have been devastated by this —airlines, hospitality, hotels, cruise lines, . . . and small businesses. Be with the workers, who live paycheck to paycheck or don’t know how they are going to care for their families. You are their Provider, let them see Your faithful provision.
- Help the governments know how to support people and businesses without developing dependence.
- Help those who have to share with those who do not have. Pour out Your generosity through Your people and Your churches. May we be as generous as You are.