Day 16 – Comforter
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
- We confess that we seek comfort in response to this crisis. We turn to food and drink, entertainment, physical comforts, or we make demands that others can never fulfill, but none of those bring the comfort we seek.
- In these times of suffering, we need Your comfort.
- Give us Your presence, Your peace, Your eternal perspective.
- Fill our minds with Your truth and fill our hearts with Your courage.
- Comfort us, so we may be a comfort to others.
- Use Your people to bring comfort to . . .
- The many who have suffered loss, whether family members, friends, or jobs.
- The hungry and homeless. Help the Church to minister to them in a substantial and safe way.
- The lonely, who must endure this quarantine without companionship. Help Christians to know how to reach out to them safely and to make Your presence with them known.