Day 17- Protector
Deliver me from my enemies, O my God;
protect me from those who rise up against me;
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows
is God in his holy habitation.
He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
- Masks and social distancing are wise practices, but help us to remember that You are our Protector.
- We can be brave and courageous and live without fear because our trust is not in our wise practices but in You. May that knowledge not make us foolish, but faithful.
- We also ask for Your miraculous protection for . . .
- Our healthcare workers. They are on the front lines of this pandemic. Protect them—physically, mentally, and emotionally―as they respond to the needs of their patients.
- Those in emergency services who risk exposure and/or bringing it back to their families because of their jobs. Protect them, Lord. Sustain them and help them to continue to care for those in their communities.
- Our friends and families and those people You bring to our minds—that they will miraculously be kept safe.