Day 24 – Compassionate
But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.
- At the tomb of Your friend, You wept. The very act of leaving the glory of heaven to walk in a sinful world reveals Your compassion. Thank You that You see and care.
- Oh, Lord, we are so broken by sin that it is easier to think of ourselves than to see the needs of others. Only through the presence of Your Spirit can we hope to compassionately care for our neighbors, those in our community, and even our nation.
- Grow our hearts and give us:
- Eyes to see others the way You do.
- Hearts to care for the vulnerable.
- Your guidance that we would know what is truly helpful.