Day 6 – Omnipresent ‒ Everywhere Present
1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
- Lord, we cry out to You to make Your presence tangible.
- You are our ever-present Help in times of need.
- Sometimes we feel lonely and rejected, forgotten by You, but Your Word tells us You will never leave us nor forsake us. So, Lord, help us to feel Your presence in our circumstance.
- Be especially with the weakest and most vulnerable in our population.
- Be with the young and old.
- Be with the sick.
- Be with the poor, homeless, and wounded.
- Help us to know You are here with us now.