Day 9 – Most Wise
to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.
17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. 18 And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
- You tell us in James to ask for wisdom, so, right now, we ask for Your wisdom.
- We confess that we think ourselves wise in our own eyes, and we fail to seek Your guidance. Forgive us.
- In Your wisdom, Lord,
- Guide our nation’s leaders at every level: at the local, state, and national levels. Unify the different political parties and remind us that the enemy is the virus, not those who have different opinions than we do.
- Guide our churches so that we will know how to care for Your people as we seek to minister in our communities, as we seek to be a light on a hilltop that draws people into a relationship with You. Help us to connect and instruct virtually so that our community is deepened as we seek to love without infecting each other.
- Guide our educators as they seek to instruct and educate children from afar.
- Guide our world leaders as they close borders, martial a wise response, and try to protect their populations. Lord, provide the resources they need to minister to the weakest in their populations.
- Guide us, as individuals, businesses, doctors and hospitals, governments, and churches that we will learn from this pandemic and put procedures and protocols in place should the need arise again.