United Day of Prayer and Fasting
Good Friday Day of Prayer and Fasting
Suggested Matters for Prayer
- Pray that God, in his power and mercy, would end the coronavirus pandemic.
- Pray that all our government leaders will be protected from the virus and that they will have the patience, wisdom, civility, and compassion to deal with the many problems facing our country in this perilous time.
- Pray for the safety of all members of the medical community and pray that they will be able to care for the sick with wisdom, kindness, and stamina.
- Pray that the sick will be healed and restored and that the elderly will be protected.
- Pray that the medical community will have the medical supplies, drugs, testing kits, protective equipment, ventilators, hospital and ICU beds to take care of the sick.
- Pray for those who are grieving for lost friends and family.
- Pray for the poor and all those who have be hurt by the economic downturn: employees, the self-employed, small business owners, big businesses, churches, and charities.
- Pray that all those who have lost jobs will be able to return to work soon.
- Pray to restore the economy.
- Pray that in these difficult times hurting people will not turn to drug abuse, alcohol abuse, and domestic abuse.
- Pray for those confined by quarantine, those who are sheltered in place, and those practicing social distancing that they might not despair in loneliness and isolation.
- Pray for our education system at every level that has broken down under the threat of disease.
- Pray for the health and protection of all those who work in jobs that still serve the public every day and have greater exposure to the virus.
- Pray for a vaccine to end this virus and that this plague might not return among us.
- Pray that in this time of great national distress that our people will show patience, kindness, and love to all, and not turn to panic, greed, and mischief. Pray that the cast down will be raised up.
- Pray for single mothers, widows, orphans, aliens, and outcasts in their distress.
- Pray for the peace and safety of the Church universal around the world.
- Pray for people everywhere according to their needs and for all the special needs that you know about.
- Pray that the people would realize the brevity and uncertainty of life and would turn to Christ in repentance and faith.
- Pray that the people of God will love what he commands and desire what he promises.
- Pray that God will be pleased with our prayers and answer them in His infinite grace and mercy in Christ.